Are you tired of staring at your crush from afar, dreaming of the day you’ll finally have the courage to initiate a conversation?
Well, fear not, my fellow love-struck friend!
I’ve compiled a list of quirky conversation starters sure to get your crush’s attention and maybe even a smile. So understand how to start a conversation with your crush, and take the plunge. The only thing worse than not talking to your crush is regretting never trying.
1. The golden hack – Compliment!
Why not express genuine compliments if you want to start a conversation with your crush? Thinking of something specific really shows them you care and have taken the time to notice details about them. For example, if you admire their style, telling them that you love their outfit can be a great place to start.
Or, if they just got good grades on a test or won an award for something, it is always appreciated to let them know how proud you are of their accomplishment. Compliments can help to build a person’s self-esteem and can also be a way to show appreciation for someone
Try to stick with honest sentiments and keep it simple; too many compliments or compliments lacking sincerity might come across as too forced or obvious. It’s also important to be aware of the other person’s feelings and boundaries and to respect their reactions to your compliments. In general, it’s a good idea to be thoughtful and considerate when expressing your feelings to your crush.
2. Ask for their opinions
Asking for your crush’s opinion on a current event or news story is a great way to start a conversation. Not only does it allow you to get a sense of their interests and values, but it also allows you to engage in a meaningful discussion.
Plus, starting a conversation with a question can be less intimidating than making a statement or comment. Just be sure to listen carefully to their response and show genuine interest in their perspective. This can help to build rapport and establish a connection between you.
It’s generally a good idea to be genuine and avoid pretending to know more than you do, especially when discussing unfamiliar topics. It’s okay to talk about something you’re interested in, even if you don’t know a lot about it.
Nonetheless, it’s essential to be aware of the potential harm from discussing conspiracy theories, primarily if they are not based on factual evidence. It’s also important to be respectful and considerate of the other person’s beliefs and feelings and to approach the conversation with an open mind.
Related Article: How to Charm a Woman and Make Her Fall for You?
3. Talk about their interests
You can ask your crush about their hobbies or things they’re passionate about. This can give you a sense of what they’re interested in and provide a natural way to keep the conversation going.
Discussing something that interests your crush will automatically bring you to his/her attention. Talking about these subjects will sparkle their eyes, and they will be eager to prolong this discussion.
Here are a few ways you could ask your crush about their interests:
- Be direct: You could simply ask your crush directly about their interests. For example, you could say, “What do you like to do in your free time?” or “What are you passionate about?”
- Mention something you’re interested in: You can try mentioning something you’re interested in and asking your crush if they’re interested in it too. This can be a way to show your own interests and to invite your crush to share more about themselves.
- Share something about yourself: You could try sharing something about your interests and then asking your crush if they have similar interests. This can be a way to start a conversation and get to know each other better.
Again, it’s essential to be mindful of the other person’s feelings and boundaries and approach the conversation respectfully.
4. Share something about yourself
You could also try sharing something about yourself to give your crush a sense of who you are and to invite them to share more about themselves.
Keep in mind – it is always helpful to have a two-way conversation. You probably know much about your crush, but they may be unaware of your background. During casual conversations, consider chatting about your life, interests, and aspirations.
Check out the following things that you could share with them:
- Share your interests: You could try discussing the things you’re interested in or passionate about. This can give your crush a sense of who you are and what you enjoy doing.
- Share your experiences: You could try telling your crush about something you’ve done or experienced that you think they might find interesting. This could be a trip, a book you read, or a concert you went to.
- Share your goals: You could try talking about your long-term goals or aspirations. This can give them an idea of what you’re working towards and what you hope to achieve.
The person you are madly in love with may not reciprocate the same feelings. It is vital to stay within the boundaries and don’t push the limits. You can share about yourself, get to know them, and give this relationship time to grow.
5. Comment about your surroundings
If you’re in a social setting, you can try commenting on your surroundings to start a conversation. For example, if you’re at a party, you could say something like, “I love the music they’re playing. Have you heard of this band before?”
The setting you are in can often provide opportunities for conversation starters. For example, you could try commenting on the architecture, temperature, or any artwork in the environment. This can be a way to initiate a conversation and get the other person talking with you.
If you’re struggling to think of something to say, commenting on the weather can be a simple and easy way to initiate a conversation. Here are a couple of examples:
- “It’s a beautiful day today, isn’t it?”
- “I can’t believe how much snow we’re getting! Do you have any plans for the winter?”
Ensure that you don’t comment unnecessarily. For instance, annoying your crush while they are deeply immersed in her work could be a major turn-off.
6. Seek help
Asking for help can be an excellent way to start a conversation with your crush. For example, you could say something like:
“Hey, I noticed that you’re really good at math. I’m having a bit of trouble with this problem. Would you mind helping me out?”
This allows you to show your interest in your crush and allows them to share their knowledge or skills with you. It can also be a way to demonstrate vulnerability and build trust in the relationship.
It can work well because it makes the other person feel helpful and needed, primarily if they can easily assist. When someone does you a favor, they may be more likely to think of you positively and trust you more.
These are some ways to ask for the assistance of your crush and catch their attention:
- Be specific and genuine: Make sure your request for help is specific and genuine. This will show your crush that you value their expertise and are genuinely interested in their help.
- Show appreciation: Make sure to express your appreciation for their help. This will show your crush that you value their time and effort and that you’re grateful for their assistance.
- Be respectful: Don’t make unreasonable requests or expect them to go out of their way to help you.
- Keep the conversation going: Once you’ve received their help, keep it going. You could ask them about their interests or experiences or share something about yourself.
Asking for help from your crush makes them feel special. Still, it is vital to remember that you shouldn’t push too much and maintain a distance when they are busy. Nagging them when they aren’t in a good mood or asking for help in areas they couldn’t help much may annoy them.
7. Ask for information
Asking for information is a good way to start a conversation with someone, especially if you’re not sure what to talk about. It shows that you’re interested in learning more about them or a particular topic and can help build rapport quickly.
Even if you already know the answer, asking for information can be an excellent way to approach someone and initiate a conversation. Here’s an example of how you might use this approach:
“Hey, I’m new to this conference and unsure what to expect. Do you know if the regional director will speak after the opening session?”
Once more, asking for information makes your crush feel valuable. They may feel inclined to discuss more and inform you about the latest developments you requested.
Starting a conversation with your crush can be challenging, especially if you feel nervous or unsure of what to say. But, with the right strategies and approach, you can succeed at initiating a conversation and building a connection with your crush. Just ensure you don’t cross the limits and irritate them too much.
A mindful way to approach them and keep the conversation going will eventually help you turn this casual chatting into a serious relationship.
Good Luck! ☺